hideous root canal
Okay so I've had the worst toothache of my life for the last week and I finally went to the dentist at the urging of my wife who says "you should get some professional help", but my response was "I'm not dead yet" but upon visiting the dentist after excrutiating headaches and pain, he said "you need a root canal", and I said "that sounds bad", and he said "not really".
So I had the operation today and you know it's not gonna be good when halfway through the dentist says to the helper lady, "gimme the really long drill bit" and other torture devices and he is leaning into my face with all his might and white knuckles and the drill bit is 31 mm which is over an inch long. "we don't have to use these super long drill bits very much" and I thought oh great just my luck he has to erect an oil derrick to drill into my head and eradicate my roots and every other nerve in my brain, but hey, I lived to tell about it and now the headaches are going away and my wallet is much lighter and life goes on.

7 Comments:
Ooo...yikes. I had one of those when I was nine...it wasn't nice.
I had one a few years ago and it was the most painless experience ever! I don't know why... probably all the drugs. Aaahhhhhh
Speaking of drugs...Dad, how many are you on right now?
Oooo... I had one several years ago, and for the following six weeks, I was just a bundle of pain. But I'm good now..
how's the tooth doing? sounds like california was very fun and productive (i.e. the orange vase). too bad you didn't bring the sun back. work on that next time, would ya? you guys are super great anyway! -- j
oh.my.heck. I haven't been to the dentist in, like, 8 years because I fear this very thing. aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!
funny. sad. painful. normal. toothy. niiice...
Post a Comment
<< Home