Is that Lewis and Ruby? (on the sign?)
So I'm traveling across the Cascade Mountains in Oregon, heading back from Bend and Klamath Falls, and I know I'm near the summit and I also know there is a crossing of the Pacific Crest Trail and so I see this sign and I immediately think the people on the sign hiking are Lewis and Ruby who are going to hike this thing for real pretty soon, so I turn off the road and go up to the trail head and get another picture and the sign says that a particular lake is 17 miles up the trail and I start thinking, wow, 17 miles is a long way to hike, but it's only a tiny portion of this monster trail that stretches for 2,700 freaking miles, and I get back in my rig and keep driving and feel kinda small.

4 Comments:
Cool. I know, weird eh...2,700 miles....is it possible? I think we are a little bit crazy:). That's fun that you stopped!
Kevin you are so funny!
Why are the little hikers going the wrong way? Fun that if you time it right you can see Ruby and Lewis when they come through this section, eh? Maybe you can even hike with them to the lake? Interesting....
The teacher in me notices that you made a VERY long sentence. Can we think of a good stopping point to add some punctuation? :) Kiddin
Post a Comment
<< Home