kevin and fiona

We are Kevin and Fiona and we have departed from Jefferson Oregon ... we will start heading West and keep going. The plan is to just keep heading West until we come back around to Oregon.

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hakuna Matata - South Africa

Fiona and I are in South Africa now as I write this, and I was attacked by monkeys this morning while jogging in the wilderness. I picked up a rock and a stick to defend myself, but they left screaming ...
Everything is great so far and the weather is good and we are getting over the jet lag. Today we are in Nelspruit (pronounced nel sprite) and we are going to visit Kruger Nat'l park tomorrow. Then we are planning to go to Mozambique, a neighboring country by the sea. The people here in South Africa speak a weird mixture of English, Afrikaans, and tribal languages. It can be difficult to make yourself understood, which is a problem I have while in America, too. We have a funky rental car, it's a new car, but a copy of a 1980 VW rabbit. No power, but great mileage. S Africa is pretty spectacular, especially the monkeys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

How fun.....I want to go! That's pretty scary and hilarious that you almost got attacked my monkeys.

September 28, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home