Attacked Again by Beasts while Jogging!
So I was out for my morning jog and it was a nice day and I’m running along this road and there is a gate out into the bush, and I think, okay maybe I’ll just go through the gate and run out along that dirt path into the open countryside.
So I pass through the gate and take off into the Botswana bush. I don’t get very far when I hear something in the bushes and stop and look and … nothing. So I keep going, and I hear noise again and I stop and I see these big (what the heck are those things?) animals staring at me. I am obviously in their territory and they don’t seem too friendly.
This one big buck dude of the herd stares me down and starts snorting and pawing at the ground. I’m thinking, is he in attack mode?
So I mutter softly, “it’s okay big fella,” and I start backing away slowly, “easy now … I’ll just be making my way home … have a nice day”
So these big honking animals are a cross between a large deer, an elk, like an huge antelope with big freakin curly horns , and they have a really long face like a horse. It’s the closest I’ve been to wild African animals in the wild. It was wild, man! They were huge!
So I escaped once again with my life, and I'm not planning to go down that particular area again. I found out the animals are called Red Hartbeest. I swear I heard one of them say as they were staring at me, “Mmm, humans … breakfast of champions.” Do they eat people?
So I pass through the gate and take off into the Botswana bush. I don’t get very far when I hear something in the bushes and stop and look and … nothing. So I keep going, and I hear noise again and I stop and I see these big (what the heck are those things?) animals staring at me. I am obviously in their territory and they don’t seem too friendly.
This one big buck dude of the herd stares me down and starts snorting and pawing at the ground. I’m thinking, is he in attack mode?
So I mutter softly, “it’s okay big fella,” and I start backing away slowly, “easy now … I’ll just be making my way home … have a nice day”
So these big honking animals are a cross between a large deer, an elk, like an huge antelope with big freakin curly horns , and they have a really long face like a horse. It’s the closest I’ve been to wild African animals in the wild. It was wild, man! They were huge!
So I escaped once again with my life, and I'm not planning to go down that particular area again. I found out the animals are called Red Hartbeest. I swear I heard one of them say as they were staring at me, “Mmm, humans … breakfast of champions.” Do they eat people?

1 Comments:
Hmmm, I googled them and still don't know if they eat humans, but - those that "go through the gate and run out along that dirt path into the open countryside" in the Botswana bush" . . . . just might not be the ones Darwin had in mind when he talked about survival of the species :)! (Jimmie)
Post a Comment
<< Home