kevin and fiona

We are Kevin and Fiona and we have departed from Jefferson Oregon ... we will start heading West and keep going. The plan is to just keep heading West until we come back around to Oregon.

Friday, June 05, 2009

Where have you been ... ?


Okay, so it's been a thousand years since I blogged anything, and just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water ... there are no guarantees in life but I can offer up a warranty that when you hit an advanced age of Fifty something???, like I did yesterday, you realize every day is jewel and a gem ... and you need to keep on pushing through the challenges and find a little joy in the simple things (am I getting philosophical?) and you understand that money can't buy peace ... and family and friends are far beyond the best and I love them all the way to Pluto and ... by the way, have you ever seen an Ethiopian dance? I know it's a weird question, but someday soon I'm gonna be related to one of them and their dancing style is ... pretty .. well ... difficult to describe - they just shrug their shoulders at a high rate of speed and occasionally bob their neck back and forth and it's a highly unusual sight when a bunch of them are doing it at the same time, especially when it's in Corvallis, Oregon on a Saturday night ... the music is not bad, there is a guy playing a one stringed fiddle and warbling like a wounded meadowlark, and ... and they have some really delicious food and you eat it with sponge bread and ... I digress ... to return to a random series of thoughts, I want to someday have blog contest of favorite cliches ... you know, things like - a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush and ... and ... it ain't over 'til it's over ... and ... there are two kinds of people, those who finish what they start and ... so on

2 Comments:

Blogger DORRPOSTS said...

Happy to see your blog update! Your description of the Ethiopian dance was spot-on. That was such a fun evening, made even more special in sharing it with you guys and our kids. Now we just need Baby D to arrive, and we'll be set!

June 10, 2009 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Back on eh! Happy Birthday....We have a video for you but I can't seem to get it uploaded....stupid computer. Hope you had a good one. Loved the Ethiopian dancing description.

June 13, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home