kevin and fiona

We are Kevin and Fiona and we have departed from Jefferson Oregon ... we will start heading West and keep going. The plan is to just keep heading West until we come back around to Oregon.

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Yeah, Yeah, New Year's Resolution, blah blah blah


Okay, so every year I give up something for an entire year - foodwise.

In the past I have given up many things such as chocolate, butter, cookies, chips, etc.

This year I will give up bread - and in a special twist, two-for-one - also potatoes.

In other words, I will not eat these two food groups for all of 2009. I know, it's hard to do and maybe I will earn the Nobel Prize for food sacrifice, but I'm needing to lose ten pounds and it's time to get serious. Truthfully, I have been known to diverge ever so slightly from this rigid regimen, but I generally do a pretty good job. I actually considered giving up all carbohydrates, but then people would think I'm on some whacko diet fad, when I am simply on a whacko long term selective fast. I'm not the biggest bread fan anyway, although it's hard to do without sandwiches for a full year, but potatoes will be a real challenges. I already miss mashed potes, and I'm dreaming of a butter filled baked potato, piled high with cheese. Oh well, no point in torturing myself.

More on this later ...

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're so brave!!!!! I don't especially love potatoes (poor Lewis, it's he's favorite food and I don't cook with it often)...but bread is yummy.

It's mostly the thought of NEVER being able to have it that I wouldn't be able to handle. I'm so bad at totally giving up food groups.

January 5, 2009 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger coffee connoisseur said...

wow, you have so much discipline. update your blog at the end of 09 and tell us all what it was like, not eating two American staples for a whole year!

January 5, 2009 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger scotty and crystal said...

I hope this is Kevin and not Fiona, because not eating bread and potatoes probably wont work at all in Africa, just a guess though!

Good luck!

January 6, 2009 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger DORRPOSTS said...

let us know when you've lost those ten pounds and then maybe we'll join you in your selective fast...

January 6, 2009 at 12:10 PM  
Blogger Chris and Sarah said...

Hey Kevin -
Are you still wearing your crown?

January 7, 2009 at 9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home