kevin and fiona

We are Kevin and Fiona and we have departed from Jefferson Oregon ... we will start heading West and keep going. The plan is to just keep heading West until we come back around to Oregon.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

One Extreme to the Other


So like five weeks ago we were sweltering (isn't that a good word?) in the heat of Botswana and trying to keep from overheating and hide from the piercing sun and thinking about African tropical stuff like mangos, avocados, papayas, and some pretty funky monkeys - and tonight I find myself at the foot of the Canadian Rockies in Calgary in a foot of fresh snow and minus 4 degrees, and it's the same planet and how can all these climates exist in harmony? and can my body adapt that quickly? especially to different time zones (the time change is the hardest part, I can usually handle the temperature which is a matter of how much clothes to wear, but I can't shed or add hours like clothing) and the planet gets smaller every day and the thought comes to mind: you just have to keep on truckin' and learn to love and embrace the place you're at ... which is always good advice.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fiona said...

I love you.

December 9, 2008 at 10:33 PM  
Blogger More Dorrs said...

Keep on truckin' Dude.

J.R.

December 16, 2008 at 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home